Business card: everything about the most important

If you are interested in this article, it means that you are about to live, study or work in Poland. But do you know how to make your stay completely legal in a short time? It is with these questions that M&M Biuro is ready to help you. We provide assistance to foreigners in Poland and have a wide range of services for both individuals and businesses!

You can contact us by phone +48 735 460 057, but for now let’s look at the subject of residence cards!

What is a card?

A residence card is a document that allows a foreigner to legally stay, work or study in Poland for a certain period of time. In simple terms, it is a residence permit or a permanent residence permit – a temporary residence permit or a permanent residence permit in Poland. This card is issued by a public authority – the Provincial Office for Foreigners.

With this document, together with a foreign passport, a foreigner may repeatedly cross the borders of Poland and all of Europe without the need to obtain a visa.

How to obtain a residence card?

Ukrainians, Belarusians and citizens of other CIS countries and not only can obtain a residence card. The basis for obtaining a residence card in Poland may be:

Work (permanent and seasonal)


Business (own company, individual entrepreneurship)

Family reunification (if the spouse/child/parent has a residence permit or citizenship)

Diploma from a Polish university

Blue Card (document issued to a foreigner performing a highly qualified profession)

Other (religion, voluntary work, etc.)

If at least one point suits you, you can quickly and legally issue a residence card for further stay in Poland.

What documents do you need for a residence card?

Application for a residence card.

A copy of your foreign passport.

Lease agreement for a flat.

A statement about the availability of means of subsistence and proof of the origin of these means (for example salary, pension, rental income, etc.).

Two passport-sized colour photographs.

Compulsory health insurance for the duration of the residence card.

PESEL number (if available).

Proof of payment of stamp duty.

For each reason, different documents may be required to obtain a residence card, but there is nothing to worry about as our specialists will help you with all the documents from A to Z.

Deadlines for obtaining a residence card

The conditions for issuing a residence card in Poland may vary depending on the type of application and local conditions. The usual deadline for processing an application for a residence card is 45 days from the date of application. However, in some cases this period may be extended up to 6 months. Therefore, it is better to plan in advance to obtain a residence card and apply as soon as possible, so that you do not get into a difficult situation and remain without status in Poland.

What is the difference between a residence card and a provincial invitation?

A residence card and a provincial invitation are two different documents that serve different purposes.

A residence card is issued to a foreigner who plans a longer stay in Poland. The residence card allows the holder to officially stay in Poland for a long period of time and to access various services, such as work, education, medical care, etc.

A provincial invitation, on the other hand, is issued to a foreigner who plans to come to Poland for a short period of time for a specific purpose, such as work, tourism, business meetings, visiting relatives, etc.

Thus, it can be said that a residence card and a provincial invitation are different documents that serve different purposes and have different requirements for obtaining them.

For a specific consultation on your case, just contact our manager on +48 735 460 057 and together we will choose the best and fastest legalization scheme in Poland for you!